Donation Info

Have a problem in need of solving, or a bug in need of squishing? Report it here and someone will help you ASAP.
Rhynn
Admin | Artist | Writer
Admin | Artist | Writer

Donation Info

Postby Rhynn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Sites need money to stay online, and Mysgardia is no exception. Ideally of course it'll earn enough to stay online without the admins needing to pay out of pocket. Not that we're not glad to pay for the site - it's just not ideal, as neither of us have a stable source of income at the moment.

So, here we are, with some information about donations.

It is important to note that the system of donations is going to change as soon as it's ready, so we're not going to wait until the rest of the revamped site is finished.

Gold Packages
Gold packages are simply a way to purchase gold. This method will be removed when we transition to a new donation system!

$1.00 USD will get you 15 000 gold
$5.00 USD will get you 100 000 gold
$10 USD will get you 225 000 gold

So buying the $10 package gets you more gold than getting the $1 package 10 times!

After purchasing, please PM both me and Gryffi so we can add the gold to your account - this process is not automatic.

Name Change
This is not currently available! Anyone purchasing a name change will get their donation back. Name changes are a lot more involved than they sound, as they need a lot of manual changing in the database. A small mistake can lead to parts of the site breaking and we are currently simply not confident that we'll find all the various places the name needs to be changed at. We certainly do want to offer name changes in the future, but we need to be certain we won't break the site while doing so first.

If you wish to be notified when this becomes available again, leave a message in this thread and we will make sure to let you know!

Custom Kitsura
This is perhaps the most interesting one for most of you! A Custom Kitsura is as the name implies, a customised Kitsura. This will not replace your initial Kitsura of which you can adopt only one; instead, it's an additional one.

It is very important to know that the Custom Kitsura system will be getting a complete overhaul!

We are not happy with the current base for the Kitsura; there are several issues with it which prevent us from truly being happy with the creature - and not all reasons are related to minor anatomical issues in the sprite. This means that the basic Kitsura art will be updated - the first Kitsura every member can adopt from the Egg Nest will be getting a completely new sprite in a different pose (very keen-eyed members will already have spotted this somewhere around the site, in fact!).

The Custom Kitsura currently in existence pose somewhat of a dilemma. We want as little as the current Kitsura art around as possible. The main reason for this really isn't the artwork itself, but various other, legal reasons.
Therefore, we've made another new Kitsura base, more similar to the current one. We will in time be approaching all Custom Kitsura owners to discuss updating their Customs, but this is still a ways off.

All of this does mean one thing: we are not going to be making new Custom Kitsura using the current base. People who have already requested a specific Kitsura with the current system will be getting theirs of course.
People who have unused tickets from the current system will be able to still use them with the new system.

The new system is not 100% set in stone yet, but it will be along these lines:
There will be several 'levels' to choose from, each with a different price. There will be standard accessories to choose from to create your custom with. The standard price for the level will include your choice of a certain number of accessories, and paying a little bit more lets you add more accessories.
You will be able to choose whether you want to use the new normal art as a base, or the new custom art.
You're putting the art together yourself (or ask another person to do it for you) and submitting it to us for approval. We'll review it and either approve it (we may make minor changes on it if needed, for instance if we notice a few pixels out of place) and add it to your account after receiving payment, or reject it and let you know the reason. You pay after we've approved the art, before it gets added to your account.

Only with the most expensive package will you be able to have a 100% customised Kitsura made by one of the on-site artists. Rest assured that most of the currently existing Custom Kitsura would largely be possible with a cheaper package. The cheapest option is very likely to be cheaper than the current Custom Kitsura.

You are allowed to still purchase Custom Kitsura tickets currently, just keep in mind it's going to take a while before you actually get your Kitsura. If you do decide to purchase a ticket, please PM both Gryffi and me after buying the ticket so we can add it to your account.

Just a Donation
Of course it's entirely possible that you just want to help keep the site online, without getting something in return for it. If this is the case, you can still use the donate link on-site. Just make sure to leave us a message saying you're not purchasing anything :)
Want to support me? Image

demonomon
Novice
Novice

Re: Donation Info

Postby demonomon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 pm

If we've already bought a ticket and messaged you guys about what we want, will we be receiving a Kitsura with the old base or the new one?

Also, I'm glad custom Kitsuras will become more expensive. Of course I was happy to only pay 6.50 USD for a Kitsura ;), but honestly I've always thought that was a bit of a steal. The team should be paid more for their lovely sprites and the time and effort that was put into them <3 .

Rhynn
Admin | Artist | Writer
Admin | Artist | Writer

Postby Rhynn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 am

It's your choice, but keep in mind that if you choose the old base, we'll be approaching you about updating it at some point. At this point we're not yet entirely happy with the new Kitsura custom base (we want it to be perfect since it's for such a special thing) so we're not showing it yet, but if you have already sent us the details and want to know what it looks like right now - send me a PM and we'll make it happen, so you can make an informed decision :)
Want to support me? Image

Fae
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Fae » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 am

id love to get a kitsura at some point, il lwait until we get to see the new base :) oh and i'd like to be notified when name change is available, please :D

Return to “Help & Bug Reports”