- The Terms of Service must be followed at all times. If you have a question about anything contained in them, please contact a member of staff and they will try to answer your question.
- Each person is allowed one account. Accounts may not be shared between multiple persons. Those found to have multiple accounts will be forced to choose between the two; the account(s) not chosen will be permanently banned and the creatures on it deleted.
Please note that staff members have access to NPC accounts, which do not count as owning multiple accounts. Non-staff members are not permitted to create NPC accounts.
- You should never give your password to anyone, including staff members. Staff members will never need your password, and thus will never ask for it. Should a member of staff be asking for your password, please report this to Rhynn and Gryffi immediately.
Should you decide to give out your password after all, this is completely at your own risk. The multi-account rule applies. Mysgardia staff may not be held responsible for anything that happens to your account due to you giving out your password.
- You are expected to respect all other members, regardless of rank. You are naturally allowed to disagree with opinions, but should always do so in a respectful manner.
Having respect for others also means you are not allowed to impersonate staff and non-staff members, NPCs included (outside of In-Character posts in designated role-play sections)
- All content you submit to the site, including but not limited to posts, profile information and signatures, should be PG-13 at most (not recommended for a younger audience, but not restricted). Content which is judged by a staff member to exceed this rating will be removed and you may receive an official warning following this removal.
- If a section of the site has additional rules posted, you are expected to follow these in addition to the rules contained here.
- No spoilers allowed. If you not what a new creature or feature is, you may not say so until its new thread is closed or it is made public by staff. If you are unsure if something is a spoiler, place it within spoiler BBCode just to be safe.
- Glitches must be reported immediately. Do not exploit the glitch. Glitch exploitation will result in a warning at the very least and possibly a ban. Glitch reporting may be rewarded.
- Account Name
- While you are not required to have the same username on the site and the forum, we highly encourage you to make them identical to avoid difficulty and misunderstandings in trading and other member interactions
- Names found to be inappropriate by staff can and will be changed to a name chosen by them, after which you will be permitted to choose a new username. You may receive an official warning or a three-day ban depending on the severity of inappropriateness, as judged by staff.
- Account names may not be changed outside of the above instance.
- Your main signature image may not be larger than 500 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. Extras may be added to this to a maximum width of 700 pixels total (including whitespace) and maximum height of 300 pixels total (including whitespace). Signatures found to be larger than this will be edited by a staff member, after which you will be notified of the change.
- Adoptable pets may be posted in your signature, but must conform to the size rules at all times. You are responsible for removing growing creatures in a timely manner before they reach their adult size if their adult size would cause your signature to exceed the size limits.
- You are allowed to link to other sites within your signature. However, these links may not lead to sites containing inappropriate content or sites with the sole purpose of selling a product. This means affiliate links are not allowed. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis; please contact forum staff if you wish to advertise in your signature.
- Signature rotators (websites and tools which make it possible to show a different image upon each refresh of the page) are allowed. However, we strongly advise against the use of grumpybumpers.com, as it has in the past caused problems. Instead, we recommend randimg.net and signavatar.com.
- Your avatar may not be larger than 120 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height.
- Please be aware that all posting rules apply to forum threads, personal messages, profile messages and chat messages. 'Post' and 'posts' should be read as meaning any of the aforementioned.
- When you first join the forum, you are part of the Newly Registered Users group. This means your abilities are somewhat limited. You will automatically be removed from the Newly Registered Users group once you have made 3 posts.
This system is in place to ensure a safe and positive environment for you and everyone else, free of spambots and trolls looking to do harm.
- In certain places, Guests viewing the forum are able to post. Guests should be aware that they are required to follow all rules. In addition, any and all posts they make will need to be approved by staff before they will be visible. Please be patient; it may take up to a day for your posts to get approved, since staff are all volunteers and have jobs and lives outside of Mysgardia.
- Swearing is not allowed. Some inappropriate words are automatically censored and you are not allowed to circumvent these censors by typing the words slightly differently. Images containing swears count as swearing.
- Posting spam is not allowed. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- posts containing only smilies/emoticons/emojis or a high amount thereof;
- posts containing only a single word (some forum games may be exempt from this rule on a case-by-case basis);
- posts which do not pertain to the topic (off-topic posts);
- posts in all-caps;
- posts in chat speak;
- meaningless posts
- Double-posting should be avoided as much as possible. If you wish to add something after you have already posted and no one else has posted since, use the 'edit' button located in the top right corner of all your posts. Unnecessary double posts may be merged by staff.
Certain usergroups may be unable to use the 'edit' button for varying reasons. In these cases, double posting is forgiven, but posts may still be merged by staff.
- Flaming (saying hurtful things to and about others), trolling and bullying are not allowed. Joking around is not the same as trolling; however, keep in mind that what is intended as a joke may be perceived as flaming, trolling or bullying by the target. Mysgardia is proud to have a very diverse group of users with members from all over the world, from all walks of life. Do not disrespect other peoples' cultures and beliefs and do not threaten or bully other members.
If you feel like you are being flamed, attacked or trolled, we urge you to report this to a staff member immediately. When in doubt, report. If we don't know about it, we can't do anything about it! To report a post or private message, click the Report button in the top right of the post or message. To report things from the chat, site private messages, or profile posts, please take a screenshot also containing the date and time and send staff a private message containing said screenshot and a summary of what has happened.
- Personal fights have no place on this site. Handle them off-site.
- Posts and other content should be written in English and have to be legible; do not use overly small font sizes or neon colours. It is naturally understandable if you are not a native English speaker and mistakes are forgivable.
- When creating a new topic, please ensure you are in the correct section. If, after posting, you find out that you were in the wrong section, please report your own post and include a comment about why you reported it. Staff will see your report and move the topic to the correct section for you. You will not be penalised for reporting your own post for this reason unless it happens extremely regularly.
- You may only bump a thread once every 24 hours. Bumping can be done by opening the wrench drop-down menu present at the top and bottom of each topic, next to the Post Reply button, and choosing the 'Bump topic' option. This is only available if you were the last person to post in the topic. If you wish to bump a topic but are not the last poster, you are allowed to make a 'Bump' post, after which you should use the normal method for future bumps of the topic.
- You may only post your Mysgardia adopts in your signature, the designated click thread, and trade threads involving those specific creatures.
- Back-seat moderating is not permitted. If you notice something which requires staff attention, please report it. On the forums this is preferably done by using the report button present in each post. On the site itself, take a screenshot and send it to a staff member.
- Reporting perfectly fine posts and other content which is within the rules should be avoided and may count as trolling, and will be punished as such. Mistakes happen, but if staff suspects underlying malicious reasons they will take appropriate action.
- Staff is allowed to edit your posts as needed and is not required to notify you of this, though they will usually leave a message within the moderated post.
- If you or anything you have posted has been moderated, you are expected to respect the staff member's decision and do your best to understand the reasoning behind the moderation, and avoid the same mistake in the future. If you feel a staff member has acted wrongly, please contact a staff member with a higher rank. If the issue is with either Gryffi or Rhynn, please contact the one of them not involved in the issue.
- At times, staff may need to break the rules in order to carry out their duties. An example of this is a staff member needing to post off-topic to ensure safety and good conduct within a thread. There is no need to report such incidents.
If, however, you feel a staff member is breaking the rules outside of their staff duties, you are encouraged to report them to a higher-ranked member of staff.
Child Safety and Privacy
- Content on Mysgardia is PG-13. This means it may not be suitable for young children. We encourage parents to browse this site along with their young children. Staff can only do so much to protect children, after all.
- Do not share personal information of others unless you have their written consent. We also encourage you to be very careful with posting your own personal information.
- Minors are not allowed to post personal information, including but not limited to photographs of themselves in which their face or other identifying features are visible, without their parents' consent. Staff may as a minor posting personal information to prove their parents' consent.
Members are considered minors if they are 17 years of age or younger.
Copyright and Plagiarism
- All works released on this site should be original works and may not be infringing on any copyrights. They should also not be inspired by any existing original works as far as common knowledge allows. Works posted on the forums are allowed to be fan-art, but may still not be infringing on any copyrights.
- You are never allowed to claim someone else's work as your own. Doing so is breaking the law. While we will not report you to law enforcement, we can and do warn and ban for such offences, depending on the severity of the copyright breach. We may also contact the copyright holder, and cannot be held responsible for any (legal) actions they choose to take.
- You are not allowed to redistribute Mysgardia content without prior written permission of Rhynn and/or Gryffi. Posting adoptable pets on other websites is permitted, provided they are accompanied by at least one link to Mysgardia or Grynn's Fairy Tales. This includes (but is not limited to) posting the content of forum announcements on other sites, so make sure you ask before doing so!
- You are naturally allowed to create fan-art of Mysgardian creatures etc. When posting this art off-site, a well-visible link back to Mysgardia.com or Grynnsfairytales.com is required. You are not allowed to make money off these works unless specifically authorised on a per-case basis by Rhynn and/or Gryffi.
- Sprites and other works from Mysgardia may not be used to link to another site, including other Grynn's Fairy Tales sites