A Simple Tavern RP

Mysgardia is a vast world. Immerse yourself into it completely with a roleplay!
reptilliandreams
Novice
Novice

A Simple Tavern RP

Postby reptilliandreams » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:55 pm

You know this tavern, it’s a warm and welcoming place where the fire’s always on and the food and drinks are both delicious and cheap. There’s darts in one corner, a card table in the other, and a shelf with board games and books off to the side. It’s the best place to come to blow off some steam, but it is incredibly… odd. The tavern itself has no doors, and you’re sure it doesn’t exist in any mortal plane.

You only found the tavern when you discovered a small multi-colored gem inside your pocket/bag one day, and when you held it up to the light to observe it, you suddenly found yourself sitting at a bar as an older man passed you a drink. After some time and obvious confusion, an older patron explained to you that you the basics of the tavern. That you could leave the tavern whenever by pointing your gem at the fireplace, and that you’d be returned to whatever time and place you left. That time moved differently there, when you leave and come back could appear to be mere moments apart or several years apart had passed in the tavern. That the tavern seemingly adjusts to the amount of people there, adding in more tables, seats, and rooms as needed. That companions are welcome as long as you watch them and make sure they don’t make a mess or start a fight. That you shouldn’t be worried about the odd, powerful creature that you can see yet cannot describe. And that the barkeep doesn’t talk but will get you whatever you want, within reason, regardless of the perceived probability that he’d actually have it.

Since then you’ve found yourself coming back a few times, finding all sort of people to talk to.

This is meant to be an extremely casual slice of life RP where you play your own, unique mage, or a creature in a tavern environment. I doubt it’ll stay active very long, if at all, but if I get some interest I’ll try to offer some role-play events for the holidays to see if we can get the community a bit closer for a time. Feel free to message me with any questions, concerns, or typos of my own design.

Rules&Info:
- No form or character sheet is required
- Your character can be powerful, but not god level powerful
- Your character’s name must be stated at least once per post. If you’re writing in first person you can put it at the top of the post.
- All creatures are assumed to have entered with a mage but may act independently
- You cannot control any characters that aren’t your own
- You will be warned first, but I have the right to ask you to leave if I think you are acting rudely
Last edited by reptilliandreams on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

summersandy
Novice
Novice

Re: A Simple Tavern RP

Postby summersandy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:44 am

Mage profile: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6&p=1518#p1518

It's been a hard day for Summers but at least she made through it. A little drink would help her feel much more relaxed so she decides to head off to the Tavern. As she is teleported to the tavern after doing the following steps the warmth of fire grow behind her. She approaches to the bar and asks for coyol wine.

Caption drawing:
Spoiler: show

Hello, I'm Summers!

Everyone is different in a way but the only similarity is that we all keep creatures and explore the world.

<3 Have a good day!
<3

Google+ Profile

Art rights reserved.
__ __
Joabelle Jung/SummersAndWhy

reptilliandreams
Novice
Novice

Postby reptilliandreams » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Lyz sighed as she entered the tavern and released her gasp on Rosemary, her minkoon companion. The both of them were drenched to the bone, and while they'd be drenched once again when they left the tavern, it was nice to be in the warm tavern for the time. Abandoning her dark green cloak on the rack near the fire she moved to the bar. "Green tea please, or whatever you have brewing." She told the barkeep before collapsing onto one of the stools.

She sat there quietly for a while before she turned to the woman next to her "You look like you've had a rough day. Want to talk about it?"

((Nice art btw))
Last edited by reptilliandreams on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

summersandy
Novice
Novice

Postby summersandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Summers turns to reply with a exhausted voice. "Sure," She lets out a small yawn before continuing. "I had to go out to get a couple of Rose Stones for my brother's friends. He didn't tell me why but I wish he did." Her clam tone starts to break down into a complaint. "All that hard work and he still hasn't told me why." Summers breathing slows down.

As she shakes the thought away she turns up to the lady who asked Summers, "How was your day?"

//Thank you!//

Hello, I'm Summers!

Everyone is different in a way but the only similarity is that we all keep creatures and explore the world.

<3 Have a good day!
<3

Google+ Profile

Art rights reserved.
__ __

reptilliandreams
Novice
Novice

Postby reptilliandreams » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 pm

“Huh, that’s a rather odd request. Don’t think those have much of a practical use, unless you’re tryna impress someone.” Lyz said, silently accepting the green tea as the bar tender brought over the drinks. “It’s been a long day. One of my friend’s wendigos escaped into the wetlands and I agreed to help track it down. It was a hard enough task before it started raining, now it’s pretty much impossible to find the darn creature unless it leaves behind a trail of carnage. Figured poor Rosemary deserved a nice rest since she couldn’t track it by scent anymore, so I came here.”

As if hearing her name, Rosemary climbed onto her mage’s lap like an oversized cat, and turned to cautiously watch Summers.

summersandy
Novice
Novice

Postby summersandy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 am

Ignoring Rosemary's unsettling act of caution, Summers takes a quick lap from her glass of coyol wine before commenting about the weather reference. "Unlucky." Summers mutters sympathetically with a hint of mindfulness from her own hard experience, "It must of been cold as well but maybe I would of joined if I didn't have gone to the Hot Biomes; it never rains there." This time she doesn't seem to show a hint of annoyance. She reaches to her glass to take another shot.

Hello, I'm Summers!

<3 Have a good day!
<3

Google+ Profile

Art rights reserved.
__ __

Return to “Mysgardian Roleplays”